Monday, September 20, 2010

A Spiritual Awakening

When you have cried you last tear but your heart continues to break. When you thought that the people who claimed to be your friends were the very people that turned their back when you needed them most. When your life is busy but still feels empty. When the one man you would give your heart to tells you you're not good enough to be the one for him even though you try to prove to him you are. What do you do??? How do you heal??? How do you move forward???

So let's fast forward a couple of years to present time, the questions you see above were questions I asked myself years ago when I lived in a world and lifestyle that left me unfilled, where life was filled with day to day things and people but yet at the end of day still left me feeling empty, alone, and heartbroken. Where the very people I thought were my friends broke my heart into a million pieces and ran, leaving me to pick up the shattered glass as they went about their life as I desperately tried to restore mine. For years I went about my daily life just dealing with the same blows to my heart, dealing with same "drama" that seemed to overtake my emotions. My life became a whirlwind of repeated mistakes, repeated "drama" until one day a really good friend told me something that changed my life forever, he was honest and forthright with me telling me that in order to break this cycle I needed to stop depending on people and depend on one thing, the one thing that would change my life forever just a few short months later....God. You see, I have always had a love for God, instilled in me when I was a kid, I always knew of God but having a personal relationship with him? That was a whole other story....

So here I am a few months after that was spoken to me desperately doing what people call "soul searching", looking for that one thing I felt was missing not knowing then that God had used those words spoken into me a few months earlier to draw me near to him and as the tug of war continued in my heart I found myself visiting churches and through a series of life altering events and Gods people opening up their arms and showing me the true meaning of love, I came to know the Lord as my personal Savior....

So you see, I found the answer to those questions of how do you move forward and completely heal from a world I so desperately wanted to be a part of. The answer? God. But you see this realization or rather the Spiritual Awakening was only the beginning.....stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment