Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The start of a new year...

So here I am and I just turned 35 a few weeks ago...oh boy I thought to myself, 35 where did my life go and what do I have to show for it. The week prior to my birthday I was in this deep in thought mode trying to figure out what went wrong, why my life wasn't where it was supposed to be or where I wanted it to be. You see I had envisioned myself so long ago being married, having kids and a caring, loving supportive husband that I absolutely adored and that absolutely adored me, kind of that all American white picket fence story. But did that happen I think not! I had told myself a few years ago that if I wasn't where I wanted to be by the time I turn this lovely age I would begin re-evaluating my life and start throwing the "trash" out.

Well let me tell you here I am two weeks after my birthday and its been crazy. And so the trash throwing has begun...the people in my life that have caused me grief and nothing but heartache and pain no longer "exist " to me because to me they bring nothing but garbage to my life. I know this may seem harsh but I really don't see the point in prolonging pain or suffering if I can make a conscious choice not to. I just don't see the point.

So here I go off to another year of finding out who I am changing the things that haven't worked in the past and keeping the things in my life that have. This is a new year and a new beginning lets see where it leads...

No comments:

Post a Comment